Bridesmaid Dresses

So, as some of you may know, I’m getting married next summer. Woot! It’s all very exciting, but stressful at the same time. There are so many decisions to be made – location, food, dress (obviously) and colors. As for colors, after much deliberation, I’ve decided on navy, bright yellow and hydrangea blue. We’re getting married / having the reception in a very modern space in Portland, so I’m hoping the colors work and it all looks good.

I’ve started peeking around at bridesmaid dresses, but haven’t come anywhere close to making a decision. I’m not even sure what I’m going for! All I know is that they need to be navy / dark royal. I already have my dress (all I can say is it is from the 1950′s and I’m having it re-styled by a dress maker, Ross can’t find out too much!), so I know they need to look nice with it.

Here are a few ideas I pulled together. Any thoughts? If you were a bridesmaid, which one would you want to wear? The one thing I know I’m doing is going with dresses that aren’t too “bridesmaidy”, like my friend did at her wedding this summer. Her dresses came from Anthropologie and were GORGEOUS.

Now, obviously I won’t be making my friends purchase any $1000 Anna Sui dresses like number 3, but for now I’m going for style ideas.

1.) Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti
2.) Shop Ruche
3.) Anna Sui
4.) Joseph M.

Which one would you want to wear?

About these ads

About sweetersalt

Salt = sodium = bad. Sweet = calories = bad. Well, isn't that just a bleak outlook. I firmly believe that without salt and without sweet we all just live in a world of lettuce. Plain lettuce. Fun? No. This blog is about life. Namely, my life. But, not that specific. I myself am simply not that interesting. I live an ordinary life, work an ordinary job and do ordinary things. But... life is all about experiencing that feeling you get when you really, really like something. If you don't feel a little warm in your heart when you walk into a farmer's market or try on a piece of beautiful clothing that fits you perfectly (that just so happens to be a great deal!) then you should probably keep on a' movin' from my little plot of internet. Sweeter salt is my metaphor for the good things in life, sprinkled over everything in moderation. Banana? Kinda boring. Banana smoothie - yum! White tank top? Yawn. Statement necklace layered over said tank - now we're talking! I live in Portland, Maine. I love cooking, eating out, riding my bike and approachable fashion. This blog does not chronicle my every waking moment. This is because you will probably not be entertained by the 10th day in a row that I eat the exact same salad for lunch. It does chronicle a healthy, active, fun-filled, colorful lifestyle, in Portland and beyond. It also covers dogs. Cute ones mostly.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Bridesmaid Dresses

1. Tina says:

hmmm…i like the the top of number 2 and number 4 paired with the bottom of number 1. haha…that probably doesnt help. ;)

2. micaela says:

I love them all and since I’ll be wearing one this is great news! I especially like 1 and 3 and can’t wait to see what you decide!

3. micaela says:

Okay I meant 1 and 2 but like I said, they’re all great.

4. fore front says:

i think a bridal party of one of each would look FIERCE

5. kate. says:

I like #1 personally, and if your party can carry it, then #4 would look hot too.

6. kh says:

i think #4 is kind of nightclub looking and maybe a little skimpy for my tastes. but #1-3 are all pretty and i think would suit a variety of body types.

7. My vote is for #2! Wish I could have worn something that cute as a bridesmaid.

8. Christina says:

Of COURSE #3 is $1,000, because it’s my favorite.

9. Tiffany says:

I’m also getting married next summer in Portland and using navy. Dress 3 is my favorite. I found my bridesmaids dresses on sale at jcrew but almost went with dresses from http://lynnlugobridal.com/

10. Mads says:

I like them all, but #1 is probably the easiest for all body types.
    #4 is zexy!

11. looooooooooooove number 2. like, i want that dress right now!

12. Oooh with a 50′s style gown I think #2 is my favorite :) That blue color is so beautiful though and all of those styles are very re-wearable.

I had my girls wear casual dresses from J Crew (not the bridal line) and loved how cute and laid back they looked.

Do you and Ross have a date set?

Yay marriage! :)

xo

• sweetersalt says:

We do have a date – July 23 – ahh!!! Exciting, but so stressful! I’m looking forward to the actual party, but all this planning stuff is starting to make me nervous.

I love the idea of using non-bridesmaid, bridesmaid dresses. So much more casual and fun that way. Plus, they’re totally re-wearable.
      :) Laura