Scarfin’ It Up

I don’t mix prints very often (I don’t wear prints very often come to think of it), but I thought I’d go a little cuh-razy with this outfit. Leopard and a scarf. Wild – just wild!

Ok, not that wild, but this was a little out of my usual realm of comfort. I had a fun little meeting to attend (more information on that coming soon!) so I wanted to wear something with a little spunk. I won this scarf in an Archives giveaway on Lulu Letty so I wanted to put it to good use. Yay free awesome stuff!

Black skinny pants: H&M
Leopard tank: Romeo & Juliet Couture (via Loehmann’s)
Cardigan: Uniqlo
Scarf: Vintage (Archives)
Booties: Audrey Brooke (via DSW)

What prints have you been mixing up lately?

About these ads

About sweetersalt

Salt = sodium = bad. Sweet = calories = bad. Well, isn't that just a bleak outlook. I firmly believe that without salt and without sweet we all just live in a world of lettuce. Plain lettuce. Fun? No. This blog is about life. Namely, my life. But, not that specific. I myself am simply not that interesting. I live an ordinary life, work an ordinary job and do ordinary things. But... life is all about experiencing that feeling you get when you really, really like something. If you don't feel a little warm in your heart when you walk into a farmer's market or try on a piece of beautiful clothing that fits you perfectly (that just so happens to be a great deal!) then you should probably keep on a' movin' from my little plot of internet. Sweeter salt is my metaphor for the good things in life, sprinkled over everything in moderation. Banana? Kinda boring. Banana smoothie - yum! White tank top? Yawn. Statement necklace layered over said tank - now we're talking! I live in Portland, Maine. I love cooking, eating out, riding my bike and approachable fashion. This blog does not chronicle my every waking moment. This is because you will probably not be entertained by the 10th day in a row that I eat the exact same salad for lunch. It does chronicle a healthy, active, fun-filled, colorful lifestyle, in Portland and beyond. It also covers dogs. Cute ones mostly.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Scarfin’ It Up

1. Jess says:

Are you pregnant? That is always my first question whenever anyone says they have news to share later. Horrifying, I know. My FOP meter must be high!

• sweetersalt says:

HA! No, I am not pregnant. Not at all. I will surely let you know when that day comes and will keep you informed with hourly updates on the size and status of the fetus. Eiw, I hate the word fetus.

2. Jess says:

Terrible word!! I would prefer if you could always relate the current size to obscure vegetables only.

You’re going to have to sign up for whatever that horrible email thing Andrew tortured me with, I will find it for you on the inevitable day that you and Ross spawn. You will learn about all sorts of new vegetables while also learning disturbing baby facts!

3. fore front says:

i like plaid and stripes. also gingham and anything.

4. Lisa says:

hey laura!

the scarf looks great on you!!! i hope you enjoy it! :)

5. What a gorgeous scarf! And I love the combo of the leopard print with it :)

6. lululetty says:

Oh, I love it on you!!! I love how you mixed it with an animal print!

7. I think u chose perfect prints to combine… the scarf is really good… Totally digging the orange colour :)

8. I think the combo of patterns really works because the orange and brown are very complementary. Looks great! Have a nice weekend!

9. Kenzie Faith says:

I looove this outfit! Seriously. It’s beautiful. Ha. That scarf is awesome, period. But, it looks even awesome-er (not a word, haha) against the leopard print shirt! Good job :)

10. Kelsey says:

I miss miss miss uniqlo. Oh NY.