Autumn Collegiate

I felt very “embarking on my first day of university at Cambridge in the 1960′s” in this outfit. Too much description? Perhaps, but that’s what I was feelin’.

I’ve had this skirt for years, and always enjoy when the weather gets cool enough to wear it again. It’s pretty fun considering it is made of brown tweed. Nothing says “good times” better than brown tweed! Well, its kicky a-line shape always gets me. Perfect with booties too.

brown a-line skirt: H&M
navy sailor sweater: L.L.Bean Signature
navy tights: DKNY (via Marshall’s)
heeled booties: Audrey Brooke (via DSW)
watch: Michael Kors
over size chain necklace: vintage

I don’t tend to wear a lot of navy blue, for some reason. But, lately I’ve been trying to incorporate it into my wardrobe more. I’m liking it with brown, it feels cozy for fall. What are your favorite colors to mix with navy?

About these ads

About sweetersalt

Salt = sodium = bad. Sweet = calories = bad. Well, isn't that just a bleak outlook. I firmly believe that without salt and without sweet we all just live in a world of lettuce. Plain lettuce. Fun? No. This blog is about life. Namely, my life. But, not that specific. I myself am simply not that interesting. I live an ordinary life, work an ordinary job and do ordinary things. But... life is all about experiencing that feeling you get when you really, really like something. If you don't feel a little warm in your heart when you walk into a farmer's market or try on a piece of beautiful clothing that fits you perfectly (that just so happens to be a great deal!) then you should probably keep on a' movin' from my little plot of internet. Sweeter salt is my metaphor for the good things in life, sprinkled over everything in moderation. Banana? Kinda boring. Banana smoothie - yum! White tank top? Yawn. Statement necklace layered over said tank - now we're talking! I live in Portland, Maine. I love cooking, eating out, riding my bike and approachable fashion. This blog does not chronicle my every waking moment. This is because you will probably not be entertained by the 10th day in a row that I eat the exact same salad for lunch. It does chronicle a healthy, active, fun-filled, colorful lifestyle, in Portland and beyond. It also covers dogs. Cute ones mostly.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Autumn Collegiate

1. Shelly says:

I like navy with colors like grey, camel, and olive. I tend to have trouble with what to wear with Navy though, b/c I don’t like it with either dark brown or black. It looks lovely with the light brown skirt you have on though!

2. Mads says:

I’ve been on a colored tights binge lately. I just bought a pair of purple, but I am really digging the navy!

3. paige says:

tweed = YES.
    and i have mentioned how much i love your hair these days? did you do that ombre on purpose or are your roots just growing out? either way…it’s a win.
    great sweater, btw!

• sweetersalt says:

i wish i could take credit it for it, but it is just my roots! i went to a new hairstylist and he was super impressed with my ombre coloring. When I told him it was just my roots all he could do was laugh. I’ll just ride this trend while I can!

4. Lisa says:

WOW, i love this x10000000!!!! totally autumn 60s collegiate look….and i want to copy it.

5. ah i LOVE this outfit–wish i had one of my own! big big fan :)

6. fore front says:

i like the navy/magenta or navy/yellow pairing. i wear navy a LOT.

7. jillian says:

ideal fall outfit.

8. jillian says:

I had a navy monogrammed sweater in college that I found at Goodwill and often paired with a gray/brown tweed pencil skirt, flesh colored fishnets and red square-toed booties. wish I still had any of those pieces.

9. Melissa says:

Your outfit is so chic and classic! Love the tweed. I love to mix navy with red, although I don’t do it often enough!

10. audrey says:

burnt orange goes with navy so well!